Being pregnent is really the ultimate test for your skin, as it both gets a lot dryer and more sensitive to weather, wind and that the skin stretches out far more then it should too. As most people know, this cause stretch marks, which basically is scar tissue on your skin. Charming? I think not. I have, since I found out I was pregnent been trying out a lot of new lotion products, in order to find the best one for my skin and I thought I should show you the three best ones I found.
1). Organic Almond Body Lotion. 2). Ecorganic Pregnancy Stretch Mark Oil. 3). Sweet Pea Body Duo Butter.
Going from left to right, I’ve concluded the above products are the best ones for my skin, which is really sensitive to a lot of things (hence why I do not use things like foundation, makes it look horrible). I have divided the test into 5 different categories: smell, price, consistency, drying time(as it is never nice to walk around with clothes stuck to your body) and effect (how good it was to make the skin less sensitive).
- Smell: A strong nutty but still pleasent smell, but it disappers after an hour or so. If you’re not a fan of nuts, I recommend you buy their Verbena lotion instead.
- Price: Costs around 200 SEK or 20 GBP
- Consistency: Creamy, and doesn’t stick to the fingers.
- Drying time: Around 10 minutes
- Effect: It made my skin feel really nice, and the itch which you get from stretch marks vanished after I put it on. I still use it now, in late pregnancy and it has not let me down. no new stretch marks has appared since I started to use this. Disadvantage is though that you got to put it on 2-3 times per day, to get the best effect.
- Smell: Horrible. It smells of nuts too, but not in a pleasent way.
- Price: 245 SEK or 25 GBP
- Consistency: As it is an oil, it’s liquid, which I like a lot.
- Drying Time: Just 2-3 minutes, which is great if you’re in a hurry.
- Effect: This one is made for pregnent skin and I have to say it was great the first six months of the pregnancy, not an itch nor a stretch mark in sight. But when my stomach got too big, this ceased to work at all, it just felt horrible and I got a lot of stretch marks, which made me quickly move on to other things.
- Smell: I liked the smell, but Adam didn’t. So I guess it is all up to the person who’s using it to decide which smell you prefer from this series. Apart from sweet pea, there’s vanilla, acai, and macadamia.
- Price: 185 SEK or 19 GBP
- Consistens: As it is a duo body butter, one of the butters is really creamy and moist, and the other is dryer and quite hard to spread out on the body.
- Drying Time: Hours! This one takes ages to dry, so I only use it before I go to bed.
- Effect: This was the first product I used and it worked fairly well on my skin. The reason I stopped using it though was because it took so long time for it to sink into the skin. This is it’s big disadvantage.
So, these are my opinions about the three products I’ve tried so far and I have to say that only the Almond Body Lotion really won my heart. The other two have their weaknesses and strengths, but in the end, they did not really work for me. So, if you are pregnent (or are just after a pretty good lotion) I recommend the Almond Body Lotion. 🙂